Monday, April 7, 2014

One of a Kind

Still inspired & full of more things to say about yesterdays post, but not wanting to unleash anymore of my fury against the education system (to which I had another upset about today) or my on current education position, I have decided to go in a similar but different direction lol. It is that despite our learning abilities and/or disabilities as some call them, no one is truly "common" to the core. We are all different, all unique, and all individuals not to be categorized and put in a box.
 I have green eyes, the rarest of all only 1-2% in the entire population have green eyes. My eyes can change colors, only 10-15% of the populations eyes can. On the Myers-Briggs Personality Test I scored an INFJ personality, that is the rarest type making up less than 1% of the population. I am 23 but have the mental maturity of a 57 year old. I am 5'2", 20.8% of girls my age are that height. I have a genetic blood disease that is estimated to affect 1%-2% of the population. I have a chronic pain condition, that was induced by trauma to the nerves in my foot, to this day very little is known about it. When writing this I could only find stats on how many suffer from it for the country in England (1 in 4,000). All this took me less than 10 minutes to discover the stats for, and this doesn't even begin to cover half of what makes me me, or who I am.
In this world everything is analyzed, everything is categorized. But no one is the exact same as the other, you can't categorized a person in their entirety. Why? Because "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand—when I awake, I am still with you." -Psalm 139:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets ramble together! Tell me what you think!